What’s happening on and around campus:
Washington University has closed its West Campus today, Nov. 25. West Campus, which is in downtown Clayton, will remain closed until further notice. West Campus is principally an administrative and retail building. There are no classrooms in West Campus.
Employees who work at West Campus should not come to work and others should not visit West Campus for business or other purposes. West Campus employees should check with their supervisor to determine if they can work from another location or if they should stay home.
All other university operations on the Danforth, Medical, North and South campuses, including all classes, will go on as scheduled.
Important information for faculty, staff, students:
Make sure all contact information in HRMS or WebSTAC is correct in case you need to be reached by email and/or text message. Bookmark this page. In the event of an emergency, important notifications will be posted at emergency.wustl.edu.
For students who are traveling home for the Thanksgiving holiday, here is some important information:
- All flight restrictions at Lambert St. Louis International airport have been lifted and the airport is open. Because of the restrictions, a few earlier flights were canceled. For complete and updated airport information, visit flystl.com/. The public transportation train system Metrolink is also running as scheduled. For updated public transportation information, visit metrostlouis.org.
- The university is providing a free airport shuttle on Wednesday, Nov. 26, from 6 a.m.-3 p.m., departing every half hour on the half-hour from the Clocktower on the South 40.
- The university also has set up a shuttle from the Clocktower to the Big Bend MetroLink station, running every 30 minutes from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., that continues as scheduled today, Nov. 25. It will also be operational Saturday, Nov. 29, and Sunday, Nov. 30.
- A student-run business, “U-Shuttle,” will be running shuttles to the airport from the South 40 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. today, Nov. 25. The cost is $10/ride and tickets are available at u-shuttle.com.
- Taxis are available by calling County Cab at 314-993-TAXI (8294), Laclede Cab at 314-652-3456, or another local cab company. There is a taxi stand on Shepley Drive on the South 40.
Opportunities to engage:
If you wish to express yourself following the announcement, give some thought to how you can do so safely and thoughtfully. If you need support during this stressful time, reach out to available resources, an adviser or supervisor, a friend or a family member.
“Talking Circles” gatherings for Danforth faculty and staff who would like to discuss the decision and what it means for them personally and the St. Louis region begin today from noon-1 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 25, and Wednesday, Nov. 26, in the Danforth University Center, Room 276.
External sources for news:
For general information about what’s happening in the region, local media outlets such as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the St. Louis American, St. Louis Public Radio, KMOV-TV, KSDK-TV, KTVI-TV and KMOX-AM are useful sources.