Monday, February 18
Dine & Dialogue with Engaged Citizens & Community Leaders
DUC Room 276
Day of Discovery, Dialogue & Action will host an undergraduate, graduate and professional student engagement dinner, panel and reception with campus and community leaders. Students will have an opportunity to engage with community leaders on the importance of being an engaged citizen and dialoguing across differences in their respective communities and in their work. The dinner and panel will be an RSVP event and will take place in DUC 276.
- Sima Atri, Staff Attorney, Arch City Defenders
- Charmaine Burrus, Teen Programming Coordinator, International Institute of St. Louis
- Emelyn Dela Peña, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Dean of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Emily Hanson, PhD Candidate, Psychological and Brain Sciences
- Ellie Myers, Board Member, We Stories
- Mike Jones, Student Engagement Manager, Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement
- Clark Randall, Freelance Journalist and 2016 Alumnus in African and African American Studies
Dine & Dialogue Reception
Coffee reception to follow the Dine & Dialogue dinner
Time: 7:30-8:30 p.m.
The reception is open to dinner participants, along with other students who were unable to attend the dinner but would like to engage with participants.